Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 1: Great Customer Service

There is one retail store in Las Vegas that I always count on because of the quality of products and as well as good customer service. In this place, I have access to great deals and monthly discounts. On this particular day, I needed help with audio routing and did not know all the parts to complete my set up. "Broadly defined, marketing is a social and managerial process by which individuals and organizations obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging value with others. In a narrower business context, marketing involves building profitable, value-laden exchange relationships with customers."(Marketing An Introduction 10th Edition p4). That store happened to be Guitar Center, a music retail store where I love everything from the drums, parts and accessories, midi-controllers and piano's. Working in retail at the time, I expect a lot when I enter into another store, especially a place where I am a regular customer. I was greeted by a woman in the front upon entering the door. Making my way to the Digital Electronics section, I headed to the microphone stations where again was also greeted, this time by a gentlemen. He simply asked if I was doing okay and not to hesitate to ask him questions. I did hesitate and did encounter him about 10 minutes later. I was looking at the audio cables and he came up to me which one I was looking for asking me what kind of set up I got. I told him I was looking for something to hook up my condenser mic and how that actually works. He told me I needed a audio box or phantom power that plugs in as a USB, and an XLR cable to run my mic through the audio box. I did not know a lot about microphone set up at the time, so he brought out options of everything that is affordable to my budget. He wanted to give me the best products for what I can afford to make it sound like the "pros". During our conversation, he reminded me that I don't always have to the best products just to make good music. You can make good music with just almost anything. I ended up purchasing an audio box and an XLR that night, and he taught me how to use the software. I couldn't thank him enough for his help. After purchase, he gave me his card if I had any questions or help with my home set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment