Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 6 EOC: Me x 3

All companies sell products in hopes to relate or meet the needs of every demographic. For me, the worlds famous Nike can define me as a person and an athlete. When it comes to sportswear, I have been attached to this company because it gave off that connection of everyday modern sports and attire. What helps me stay attached to this company is the relationship they make with their customers. For example, they have devices that measures one foot and customizes ones own pair of shoes to fit an athlete. You can also make your own color shoe of a preferred styled called Nike iD. "Buyers are too numerous, too widely scattered, and too varied in their needs and buying practices. Moreover, the companies themselves vary widely in their abilities to serve different segments of the market." - (Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing; pg 175). When it comes to sports, I pretty much own a pair of Nike's for running, basketball, an indoor court shoes for volleyball. This company has defined me and made me want to use the brand that the "pros" use to better my game. I've have gotten attached to the company so much that if i wear any other shoe company (Adidas, New Balance, Reebok, etc), then i would feel like i am not a true customer to Nike and people would look at me differently. Why? Because it's also a style like no other. It's one of those things where "your only cool and a real athlete" with Nike. One of the best quotes recently that I've seen is: "If you have a body, your an athlete." - Bill Bowerman

Another product that I can say defines me is my earphones by Skullcandy. Music is very important to me and allows me to get through my day. But I am very picky when it comes to the quality of music. When I listen to the music, I like to feel like I am actually in the studio with the sound of the bass slightly rumbling my eardrum. It’s the feeling where the music does not sound to “low pass” filtered or “high pass” filtered, but the right amount of quality at a bit rate of 192. What’s good about this product is that they are at a reasonable price compared to other companies like Bose, Dre. Beats or Pioneer. This is an example of “Differentation”, which involves actually differentiating the firm’s market offering to create superior customer value.

No comments:

Post a Comment